Saturday, October 9, 2010

Thought Dump

There are only so many things you can do with all the thoughts you have when you either have allergies or a cold.  In Minnesota, you usually can't tell what you have.  I sat on the front lawn four days ago with beautiful fall leaves all around me.   Never did I think once to rake them up or at least rake them a foot inside the perimeter for Daddy to mulch them.  However, after that romantic time outside with the kids, I started sneezing, wheezing, coughing, and having other cold-like symptoms.  I think it's allergies.  With our trip coming up, I want to believe it's allergies.  I want to think that when I hit the nice mountain air of San Lorenzo de El Escorial, all will be right with the world!  We'll see.  For now, these are some of the thoughts I've had in no particular order:

1.  "Nick is crawling like an army man." - Gabe....Yes, he is.  He's also sucking on cords and spitting up all over the carpet.  I know those shaded patches are not part of the design.
2.  Three of the kids need hair cuts.  Jane has been looking up at me not because I'm taller than her, but because she's looking under her bangs.
3.  Household chores are really lessons in futility.
4.  I have a squash to cook, and I don't want to.  I think I'm purposely waiting for it to go bad so I can throw it out.  Get thee to Confession!
5.  We gave Lucas another Kinex set for his birthday on Thursday.  Why did I do that?  I found a light piece in my bathroom and a set of stickers on the home school table which I'm guarding, of course, for when I find his bin where he keeps the Kinex.  What will end up happening is that I'll put these things in my pocket and empty them out tonight on my dresser upstairs.  I'll put them back in my pocket to return downstairs tomorrow.  I'll forget and empty them out of my pocket tomorrow night on my dresser upstairs.  Then I'll do the same on Monday morning!  Lessons in futility again.
6.  I still have 6 things to do on my "to do" list.  I don't want to do them.  I think I might pass these off to Daddy.  Only problem is he may e-mail the wrong dates to the wrong hotel screwing up our reservations at 3 different cities in 2 different countries.
7.  Maybe I want to rethink handing off #6 to Daddy.
8.  Cold, Cold go away.  Come again in 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...