Sunday, October 10, 2010

So I Have a Cold

Frustration!  Turns out I have a cold.:(  I went to our neighborhood minute clinic after the gentle prodding of several concerned people just to be told I couldn't get antibiotics.  Rats!  So I resulted in buying a neti pot.  It looks pretty harmless until you start irrigating your nasal passages.  Then it looks like an instrument of torture.  Daddy could only handle seeing me do this to myself for only a few seconds.  Results....it really clears you up for a bit afterward.  Granted, you can do several nasal lavages a day.  Yes, you can go wild with the net pot!



On the trip front, bags are packed.  There are a few last minute things to do:  one more phone call to Madrid, a teensy weensy bit of stuff to stuff in someone's bag, toiletries, last minute cleaning/tidying up.  You can't leave a dirty house....I've tried that before only to come home to funky smells and unplanned science experiments.  We learn!

Here is an updated list of cities we plan to visit (yes, the trip has morphed!):

In Spain:
Toledo
San Lorenzo de El Escorial
Madrid
Granada
Barcelona

Paris, France

In Italy:
Florence
Rome
Milan

I'll try to blog while on the trip, but it may be difficult because of limited (& pricey) internet access.  We'll just see what happens.


Ciao for now,
Grace

6 comments:

  1. Send me an email sometime and let me know if you would be interested in the tableware we both have. I might be looking to get rid of mine and I'd be happy to gift it you if you'd like it! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, that would be great! We've recently broken more items from the set so a replenishment would be nice. However, that's a huge cost in shipping so let me think about it.:) I'll drop you a line when we return. Thanks & please say a prayer for our family.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a cold right as I was leaving for Orlando with Emily. for my first vacation in forever. in July. What gives?

    Hope you feel better soon. like yesterday.

    And have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly! What gives? Thanks, Michelle...say a prayer for us.;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll be praying for you daily. Hope that the cold is a quick one and that you're on the mend in no time. Enjoy yourselves - we're really excited for you all!

    God Bless!

    Heather and family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Heather! Love to you all.:)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...