Sunday, September 12, 2010

Masterpiece Cards

I received our shipment of Masterpiece Art Cards yesterday.  How exciting!!  I received this very professional letter from the president, Susan Benford...she's all class.


There is this handy-dandy checklist about the size of a passport (hee, hee!) that has all the paintings listed by CITY!!! So I quickly found (Ahem) Florence.



Each of the cards is approximately 4"X6" and has the painting on one side and the information on the back.

Fra Angelico's Annunciation
Museum of San Marco-Florence, Italy
....Daddy wants to see this!

Everything comes in a sturdy box that has a flip top lid.  All 250 cards are stored here.  In her letter, Susan asked if I could spread the word by "word of mouse."  So that's what I'm doing.  Order them up, Home School Mommies!!



3 comments:

  1. Grace,

    Wow - what a review to make my day! I'm thrilled you like Masterpiece Cards, and appreciate that you let your fan club know about them. Like many of us, I started this business so I could be home with our sons.

    Two other items on the website, www.TheMasterpieceCards, may be of interest. Both are FREE! First, you can download the "Famous Paintings ebook", which you can sort by the city where you're going (for when you get to Florence, Grace!), by individual art museums, and so on.

    Secondly, I write a blog about famous paintings, and look and review in detail famous art paintings. It's suitable for high school students, and is handy if you're teaching art appreciation and art history to your family. Or if you're like me, you need a tune-up for the memory!

    Again, my thanks.

    Susan Benford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace,

    When I read your Sandburg quote about babies... it brought instant tears. My last baby, who has had diabetes since he was 13 months old, left for college last month and my heart aches for his well-being. Thanks for the reminder of what it's all about.

    Susan Benford

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, you just made my day!! Thanks for commenting. I love the art cards, and I did download the e-book. I have all the cards pulled that we will be using. It's getting so exciting around here. I just went online today to pre-order our Museum Pass for Paris. I can't wait. I'll try to blog from "the road" so everyone who follows my blog can see what we're doing. Don't be surprised if your little art cards make a cameo!!:)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...