Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Enjoying Moments

Calm in the midst of the storm....this has always been a difficult mantra to swallow.  I find so many parts of myself wanting things to be finished so I can enjoy the calm.  However, with a household of nine, the storm will never subside.  There will always be waves.  There will always be little ripples of water in a glassy sea that you may want to be pristine and, well, glassy.  It's never a dull moment around here...there's always something to tidy, wash, catch (usually a screaming 2 year old!), straighten, or move...and that's just for the children!  Here are a few things that are competing for time with my very weak brain cells:


  • Back to School - Our ship came in...books by the boat-load arrived late last week so we've been busy rearranging books, making more shelf space, and pitching stuff that we can't use.
  • Grandma & Grandpa's 50th Wedding Anniversary - Daddy's mom & dad are celebrating 50 years of marriage next month.  Problem is we can't find a priest to say the Mass.  Please pray for that!
  • Europe Trip - Our trip to Spain has now morphed into trips to France, Germany, and Italy.  Crazy, but then again we lost our minds years ago.  Hopping night trains with five kids just proves to you all that fact.  I've been busy trying to find a place to stay for a night in Paris.  Pray for that, too.
  • Spanish - Monica asked over the weekend if I would starting speaking Spanish to them.  She pleaded with me that it would be the only way they would learn to speak the language.  So, I decided to give it a go, ahem, vamonos!  Today I had to take 3 ibuprofen my head hurt so badly from mentally translating things before I say them.  I've had a few English binges in the last 3 days.  There's usually something that will push me to the English.  It's usually someone picking at someone else or being conspicuously absent when all hell's breaking loose!
I've needed the Serenity Prayer now more than ever so here goes:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.  Thy will not mine be done.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...