Friday, May 7, 2010

Taking On Carpentry

I don't think I really want to take on carpentry, too.  I might turn out to be good at it and make Paul jealous!  Hee, hee!  But I have been frustrated for a couple years now trying desparately to find these Pottery Barn collector's shelves on Craig's List.  I love these shelves and wanted them for the boys' room on the walls adjacent to the bunk beds.  I love to read in bed, and all the kids are turning out to be just like me.  Now that the girls have bunk beds, I am itching to get everyone a shelf of their own.  However, at $39-$59 a shelf...well, I've got to be insane to buy them.  I thought, "These can't be hard to make."  Sure enough, they aren't.  I found these plans at Knock-Off Wood and can probably get Paul to make them for about $5.00 each.  Score!  I added Knock-Off Wood's button to my sidebar because they're just that cool.

2 comments:

  1. I love those shelves too. I think they are a great idea because the kids can "see" what book they want. Great find (knock off brand)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds, Josette!;) Hope all's well with you...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...