Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Running...!

Recently I've been receiving e-mail notices from Molly's soccer coach.  He usually signs his name and then adds, "on the move" or "sitting down."  I told Daddy I don't really care to know what position he's currently in while composing an e-mail, but then here I am doing the same.  I'm not literally running while I write up this post, but I probably should be or at least I am in my mind!! So here are a few quick updates from the 7th Week of Easter...The Heavenly Zoo.  Here is the completed sticker calendar from the Garden of the Good Shepherd.  We decided to move our zoo field trip to tomorrow, and our dear cousins from AZ will be joining us...how fun is that!

This was a lot of fun to do the readings and sticker for each of the 50 days of Easter.  And the field trips were fun for all of us!  I highly recommend this.:)

To celebrate Pentecost Monica made the Pentecost Cake we found over at Catholic Cuisine.  Here's the completed cake.

Notice the ratty looking candles!  We had to scrounge up every candle we could find and even cut the broken ones to get all 12.  I guess I need to buy more birthday candles instead of recycling them birthday to birthday...gross!!  And here's the symbolism for the cake:
Pentecost is also known as WhitSunday hence the white cake
large candle - Christ our Light
12 smaller candles - 12 apostles
7 strawberry "hearts" - 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit (In case you forget like I do...wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, fear of the Lord)
12 strawberries around cake on the plate - 12 fruits of the Holy Spirit (again in case you forget like I do...charity, joy, peace, benignity, patience, goodness, long-suffering, mildness, faith, modesty, continency, chastity)
And...of course, it was to be red & white! 
Lovely, huh?!

And here's a little extra sweetness and honesty for the week courtesy of Daddy, Gabe & Nick.  Nick loves "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" so the kids have learned that is what calms him down.  I love this video & will treasure it always!




2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love his, "tell me when to stop"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I was going to only post the video and call it, "Pressed Into Service!" Staged...of course!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...