Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Gardener Plants Paradise - 5th Week of Easter

This week in the Good Shepherd's Garden we focused on Paradise:  leaves, flowers, fruit, a wise owl, an olive tree, a palm tree, and lillies and roses.  Amazingly, God keeps things centered weekly around these themes in spite of my inability to plan things well in advance.  So, for the first little surprise...

~~~Grandpa Ben's Mother's Day Gift to Me!~~~

Grandpa Ben is always itching to garden in the Spring so he went after our arbor vitae and took it out.  He also took out a very dead bush from the side of the front yard.  He replaced the arbor vitae with this cute little one.



The bush he removed is getting replaced with these beautiful peonies. 



These will produce fuschia colored flowers.  I can't wait!  I've been wanting to plant peonies in the yard for a few years now.  I found a woman who was splitting hers off and picked these up for a steal!

~~~Como Conservatory Outing~~~

I thought it appropriate to take the children on an outing to the Como Conservatory to see all the beautiful plants and flowers.  It's also a great photo opportunity!  We had a nice time checking out the tropical rain forest room, the palm room, and the fern room.  Although the sunken garden was closed, we still had a nice time.  We'll just have to go back.  Here's a great shot of Lejla with six of the kids.  It's been going very nicely with her.


~~~Lillies and Roses~~~

To top of the week, I received these from Daddy.



And Monica drew this beautiful picture of...you guessed it, lillies and roses.
 
I think I got the point across that I really like these flowers!

Here are a few extra pics of another trip we took to the Como Conservatory.  These shots are little gifts for all my Mom friends out there, for my own mother, and my wonderful Blessed Mother who has always kept me safe under her mantle of protection!








Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a great Mother's Day - we had a good day too - 3 hour nap for me...yahoo! Hope to get together with you all soon.
    Heather :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...