Monday, April 19, 2010

Our Week In Review...2nd Week of Easter

Things, again, have been pretty busy around here!  So much so, we have had a packed week, are looking for a part-time mother's helper, and are reworking the downstairs office/guest bedroom.  Here are a few highlights from the week...

~~~Turtle Spotting~~~

This prehistoric creature was found slowly walking across the parkway near our house.  The kids love seeing these snapping turtles, but they make parents nervous!  They could snap off a little finger or charge one of the kids very easily.  This is a mother and was either looking for or had already laid her eggs.


~~~Cute Little Brothers~~~

There's really nothing to say about this except...CUTE!




~~~Home Improvements~~~
After many days of consternation, we decided to move from complaining to action.  I do believe that God will answer prayers if you do your part.  I never know how much is my part, but in both these cases, I have had to do a little more than I wanted to.  I would love it if God would just miraculously organize my home and drop a nanny from the sky!



Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way!  So we've been using these services to find a mother's helper.  Fabulous, really.  We get to screen everyone online without a whole lot of effort.  The site is secure and fairly easy to use.  I highly recommend it.  Already I have 2 interviews scheduled for the week, and I hope to have someone hired by Friday!  Lord, knows I need the help ASAP so I'm glad I stumbled upon this.

The next thing we decided to tackle is the office/guest bedroom.  For years we have used storage solutions that are ok, unattractive, and not really a fit for our stuff.  Of course, we need to do a lot of pitching and sorting.  But there's a lot to be said about getting a storage unit that works.  So it was off to IKEA we went.  We used the help of a showroom salesperson and came up with this system.  Paul already has the frame assembled and we should be moving in by the weekend!  Next, we'll be replacing the desk and get a proper entertainment system for the TV.  Exciting!

~~~Rub-a-dub-dub come play in the...sink!~~~


It won't be long before these "sink" baths are a thing of the past!!!

~~~Garden of the Good Shepherd - Week 2~~~

Last week in the Good Shepherd's garden we were focusing on the banquet.  You can see the table, chairs, and food in the lower left hand corner.  The kids loved the food focus, but we didn't do a tea party or a big dinner.  We celebrated with another baby meal that was brought over on Thursday.  My friend, Meghan, even included a bottle of wine.  We were just missing the honey on the table...I forgot that!



This week we will be focusing on God, the creator of the heaven's and earth.  I love this song that we usually here on the Christian radio station, KTIS.  As a fun outing, we hope to visit the weather room at the Science Museum in St. Paul.  It should be fun!

~~~My Favorite for the Week!~~~




An item that is very well loved by Maria.  She used 4 staples and tape to salvage her scapular!!


2 comments:

  1. Oooh! Your blog! Will add yours to my blog roll. Can't wait to read the rest of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenny!:) I just read your post about Ellen tonight. Very funny & very cute. She is so beautiful.:)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...