Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Daybook


FOR TODAY
Outside my window...snow and yummy sunshine.:)
I am thinking...about the quiet, reflective Lent I want to have with my sweet Paul and the kids as I hear the brood noisily downstairs and feel the baby in my womb kicking up a storm. One can hope!
I am thankful for...the beautiful celebration of Mardi Gras we had tonight. We've celebrated Mardi Gras for years and this one was no different. I made a King Cake with the kids and later stewed a pot of shrimp and sausage gumbo for the Cajun lover in my DH!
From the learning rooms...we are still trying to finish up our unit on the Ancient Aztec civilization, trying to keep up with the daily work schedules for the other subjects, and Lucas is making great strides in reading. It's incredible what 10-15 minutes/day does with him.
From the kitchen...I enjoyed baking and using my cast iron Dutch oven to make the gumbo. I look forward to cooking up a couple dishes tomorrow - Mexican salmon and potato "albondigas" for the family before heading to Mass in the evening.
I am wearing...my favorite jeans, my Danskos, and a black scrunched tee with my turquoise earrings.
I am creating...a baby in my womb with God's help.:)
I am going...to take a bath later and enjoy my awesome belated Valentine's gift from my sweet Paul...Sade's Love Deluxe CD. I lost the last 2 copies I had by 1) car accident and 2) car theft.:(
I am reading..."When Jesus Sleeps" by Luis M. Martinez
I am hoping...to get to bed earlier tonight and only have to get up twice tonight for bathroom runs.
I am hearing...the kids watch their last viewing of the Olympics downstairs before the "no TV" rule goes into effect tomorrow and Monte Warden's "A Stranger to Me Now" on CD...another belated gift from my DH, Paul.
Around the house...there is a kitchen and a dining room that still need to be cleaned up and laundry downstairs that needs to be changed out. Ugh!
One of my favorite things...the cute kicks from the baby!
A few plans for the rest of the week: Post pics of our Lenten calendar and Sr. Sincere weekly Lenten countdown, burying the Alleluia with the kids tomorrow, Jane's audiology and EKG appointments Thursday, and the girls' American Girls party on Saturday.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...




I'm glad I can count on Gabe to help me in the kitchen! Here he is buttering the dough before I sprinkled it with cinnamon & sugar, rolled it, baked it and had the kids decorate it to make the King Cake.

See more daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...