Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Bag that Counted Today!


Over at Faith & Family Live they are promoting "The 40 Bag Challenge." The challenge: 40 bags either donated, sold, or pitched for each of the 40 days of Lent. I was very impressed with this, and we actually put together a bag of stuff to donate today...or at least the kids did. However, the most important bag I put together is the one you see above. This is my bag of hospital food. There's my scale in the background. This bag contains weighed portions of non-perishables, and, although I'll eat my main meals from the hospital, at least I can count on the accuracy of these portions. This is why abstinence from food during Lent loses a sense of the sacrificial for me. When you weigh and measure your food daily, Lent almost needs an extra bit of sting. I'm hoping that through the rest of this pregnancy and having a newborn, I'll have plenty to offer up. I just hope I remember this post during the labor, delivery, and those incessant sleepless nights.;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...