Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sew Fun

Two years ago, I wanted to teach the girls how to knit, but I had to teach myself first! Casting proved to be very difficult...I learn best by example so I turned to You Tube. I picked it up in about 5 minutes!

My next challenge was how to hem pants. I can sew, but hemming pants is very intimidating for me. Again, I turned to You Tube and found this great gal that goes step by step in videos on how to make a euro-hem. I was able to "euro hem" my pants and Lucas' pants...we're the shorties in the fam! Euro hemming is great because you don't actually have to cut the pants. It requires internal folding and you get to use the existing jean's hem for that finished look. You just have to measure twice and use a good stiff sewing needle. Otherwise, going through the seams could bust a needle or result in having to re-time your machine.

Here's a link to one of the first videos, but there is a series from "expert village."
Happy Sewing & Crafting!:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J922_fk_0dk&feature=PlayList&p=8DC385FE3BB389A3&index=3

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...