Sunday, January 11, 2009

Brunch Oven Omelet - Yum!

A friend asked for this recipe. I thought I should post it here in perpetuity in case I lose it again.:( Yes, I've already lost it once!

1/4 c. butter
18 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1 c. milk
2 t. salt
1/4 c. chopped green onions
1 c. ham
1 c. shredded cheese (any kind-Swiss is great!)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix all ingredients together except butter. Melt butter for about 1-2 minutes in 13x9x2 baking dish. Remove from oven & coat pan w/butter. Pour egg mixture into pan & bake for 35 minutes or until eggs are set. Makes 12 servings.

8x8x2 pan: Half all the ingredients & bake in same temp oven for 25 min. or until eggs are set.

*This can be mixed up the night before & kept in the refrigerator overnight. The larger portion fits nicely in a disposable aluminum baking pan that fits a half size chafing dish. Sometimes, if I pull this out and the eggs are not set and we need to eat NOW!, I put the dish in the microwave for 5 minutes. That always seems to do the trick! Also, you can throw just about anything in this. I've used mushrooms, green pepper, and bacon, on occasion.

Betty Crocker Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...