OK, here's the other one. This one's for the microwave. I tried it tonight and it worked well. I'm actually too short to be scrubbing the microwave which is above the wall oven and with my tummy it's almost impossible to labor too long over this chore.
The tip: To get rid of smells and splatters, mix 1/4 c. vinegar with 1 cup water in a glass bowl and microwave for 5 minutes.
All I did after this was wipe down with a dry paper towel. I actually did take the plate out to wash in the sink.
The result: therapeutic bliss!!:)