Sunday, January 6, 2008

Living the 12 Days of Christmas



I thought I would pass on this little idea for how we celebrated the 12 days of Christmas. I received a copy of the book, Stories Behind the Best-Loved Songs of Christmas, by Ace Collins. I read the story behind the song, The Twelve Days of Christmas, and thought "I have to let our kids know the meaning behind this song!" Last year we were in TX over Christmas so I couldn't do more than read the meaning of each day with the kids as we drove in the van. This year, I decided to make a visual aid for them.


I took a sheet of poster board and downloaded twelve pictures representing the symbols of the twelve days. Each morning, we would sing the song starting with that day, I would read the true meaning behind the words for that day, and we would glue the picture onto the posterboard. The kids loved it and got to learn the song. The meanings will get engrained as they grow, mature, and develop a deaper understanding of the principles of our faith.


I'll probably keep the posterboard and add hands like a clock for use year after year.


Here are a couple of pics of what I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...