Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Two Successes

Well, I was able to get away this weekend for a retreat in Wisconsin. From Thursday to Sunday afternoon, I was immersed in prayer, silence, no dishes, and no whiny kids. I really missed them all, especially Daddy. It was nice to get away and renew my spirit and my calling as a wife and mother. I try to do this once a year, but last year I wasn't ready to wean Gabe or struggle with him at a retreat!

Which leads me to my next success...Gabe has been weaned!! I figure I would probably end up nursing him to my due date or we would have to undergo something drastic. He's the first baby I could actually have somewhat of a conversation explaining to him we would not be nursing any longer which definately tells me I think I nursed him a little too long. It was a great time, though. Lots of bonding, cuddling, and boy it was nice to have a little warm heater on some of the last few cold days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...