Friday, September 28, 2007

Imaginative Play


I'm sitting at the kitchen table eating my lunch while the kids are out back playing. It's fun to hear them! They typically speak with British accents (they are heavily influenced by the following movies: Sense & Sensibility, The Sound of Music & The Railway Children) and pretend they are orphans.

Today's theme: they have been abandoned so Monica is preparing a fish dinner for the younger children while Maria is washing clothes in a pretend stream.

I never know quite what time period they are in but one day I should surprise them with a Victorian era costume rental of a rich aristocrat or a scullery maid. I'm not sure which would be more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...