Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day Update

I had a great Mother's Day and Mother's Day vigil. Daddy & I went for a little date Saturday evening. I packed a picnic and we headed over to Lake Harriet with our bikes. We ate and biked around both Lakes Harriet and Calhoun. When we were done, Daddy commented on how we biked close to 7 miles! I was so surprised because I was distracted by the lakes and the view of the Minneapolis skyline. It was awesome!

On Mother's Day, we got up early, went to Mass and then brunch. I was surprised with a dozen roses they were all hiding in a 5 gallon bucket in the garage. I arranged the flowers and are still enjoying them!

We visited Grandma Carol later and gave her flowers and a card. The kids were very excited to do this!

It was a very relaxing day, the weather was great, and it was just nice to take a breath and stand back and see that yes, I am a Mother. No matter how much I get wrong, right, or wonder about whether I'm doing the right thing; I have been blessed to be given this title; one to which I will never be truly worthy. To say the least, I was humbled!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pics! Thanks for the (God)Mother's Day card from Monica. Love the pics too!
    Love, Auntie Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, You're a great mother & wonderful example to all of us! Glad to hear you had a great day & what a great blog! Hazel

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...