Saturday, May 12, 2007

Captain Underpants

I'll have to post a pic later of Lucas sporting his new Disney underpants. I decided yesterday to bite the bullet and take his diapers off leaving him with underwear. Now that he's a little over two and a half, I felt it was time. I can't believe that in just one day he's understood the concept of needing to go to the bathroom. He's had several successes and several failures, but I've resolved to stay calm, to stay the course and help him learn how to be free of diapers. He enjoys telling us he needs to go potty and has been so successful at it that he has a new sense of confidence in being a "big boy!"

It's challenging and exciting. I didn't want to go through this, but wow is it different a day and a half into potty training. It's so different with every kid and you just don't know how each one will react. Surprisingly, it's not as bad as I think it will be.

Pics are forthcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...