Friday, February 9, 2007

Revelation


This morning at breakfast I glanced over at Daddy only to see a sparkle in his eyes that seemed to say, "Aha! I finally found a way to finance my mid-life crisis!!"

We are always trying to find ways to cut expenses & one of the things that never gets cut is the food bill. Because Daddy is in the medical professions he is very health conscious & sugar cereal is always looked at with disdain because of lack of nutritive value and cost. This morning I made the girls cream of wheat. Of course, Daddy looked at the fact that I put in sugar for the girls but was very sparing. He then proceeded to ask me how much the cost per serving might be. When I said, "5 cents," he gave me that look!

So for the rest of winter & maybe the school year we'll be serving up good 'ol cream of wheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for keeping up the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...